Bank of Baroda is the full form of BOB. After the merger of Vijay Bank and Dena bank BOB are the 3rd largest banking and financial services public company in India, behind SBI and ICICI bank. Establish in 1908 by Maharaja Sayajirao Gaekwad III.
BOB corporate office is located in Mumbai and headquarters in Vadodara, Gujarat, and its presence almost 100 countries around the world.
Some key points
- Establish by Maharaja Sayajirao Gaekwad III in 1908.
- The first branch opens two years later in Ahmedabad in 1910.
- First overseas branch open in 1953 in Mombasa, Kenya, and Kampala, Uganda.
- First BOB acquires the New Citizen Bank of India in 1961.
- Opened a branch in Guyana in 1965.
- Bank of Baroda was nationalized by the Indian government on 19 July 1969.
- It was entered the capital market in December 1996.
- Total business crossed 2.09 trillion, and its branches crossed 2000 in 2007.
- On 2 January 2019 government of India approved the merger of three bank mane as BOB, Vijay Bank, and Dena bank to become BOB.