Bhabha Atomic Research Center is also known as BARC. It is the leading R&D atomic research center in India own by the government of India. The main headquarter of BARC situated in Mumbai, Maharashtra eastern suburb of Trombay. BARC start as Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR) established by Dr. Homi Jehangir Bhabha in 1945. After the accidental death of Dr. Bhabha in 1966 TIFR renamed BARC Bhabha Atomic Research in the honor of Dr. Jehangir Bhabha.
The main objective of BARC is to build and developed indigenous atomic energy production to generate electricity to empower India in the field of nuclear science. BARC is also the parent of the R&D institutions such as IGCAR, RRCAT, VECC.
Do Know full form of SIM
Some Research Conducted by BARC
Nuclear waste management recycling process, so the risk of nuclear radiation is low.
High Production nuclear electric plant.
Progress of developing theorem base nuclear plant.
In the field of Medicine.
BARC also involved in the Agriculture field.
Some Key Point
- Establish in 1945 by Dr. Homi Jehangir Bhabha in Trombay, Bombay moe Mumbai.
- As a time of establishing BARC name as TIFR Tata Institute of Fundamental Research.
- After death of Dr bhabha TIFR rename BARC in the honer of Dr Bhabha in 1966.
- BARC also the parent organization of IGCAR, RRCAT, VECC R&D center.
- Set up India’s first nuclear power plant.